Saturday, July 21, 2007

Qs&As with DoDads — The Story of the Baby

Seattle's Jeff Vogel is by turns a game designer, a writer and father. Two of the three came together a few years ago and begat The Story of the Baby, which begat the sequel, which led to a not-so-misbegotten tome, The Poo Bomb. Momentarily bringing the entire universe of game design to a halt, Mr. Vogel offered some who, what and when:

Whinydad Chronicle: What was the biggest challenge to starting and continuing your blog?
Jeff Vogel: Coming up with new, fresh material, week after week, for a whole year. I insisted on it being actually funny.


WD
: When and how did the book come about?
JV:
Once I did a full year of the journal, I realized that I had a book's worth of quality material. Then I went through all the standard steps. Querying agents, writing a proposal, etc.



WD: What are you going to tell your daughter when she googoogles you and finds out what you said behind her back while she napped?
JV:
That the advance from the book went into her college fund. So suck it up.

WD: What are the two or three most interesting dadblogs (other than yours) and why?
JV: I've never read another one, I'm afraid. I only read blogs that don't remind me of the awfulness of having children around.

WD: A few words on how you'll continue to cure the planet of evil?
JV:
Right now, I'm not doing much writing. I'm focusing on my computer game business, which is doing very well. They're good games. They're at http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com. Plug!!!

No comments: