Tuesday, September 4, 2007

No Sleeping on the Job

By their existence, kids give to fathers ... but probably not in any way they'll understand.

Recent testimony comes from Baltimore Orioles journeyman infielder Melvin Mora and sometime-superstud, sometime-Mr. Jolie and Shawnee, Oklahoma's own William Bradly Pitt.

According to Mora, who speaks of no sleep and the pressure of suddenly being a dad five times over during the season, he didn't get much sleep, but, "the kids helped me in one way, because I thought about them, and it made me play harder."

In a recent interview, Pitt took the better scripted approach on describing fatherhood: "It's the most fun I've ever had. ...It's also the biggest pain in the ass I've ever experienced." He also said he wasn't getting much sleep and blamed it on the kids (as if it were all there fault and had nothing to do with a disheveled Angelina Jolie within easy pawing distance).

** Kids are the work and the work is for the kids. **

No comments: