Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fearmonger Dads

Perhaps because reality seems to get scarier and scarier, it is harder and harder for dads to frighten der kinder.

“I have a life-size Frankenstein head, custom, that’s in my living room above my TV, so when I sit with my twin girls, we can look at that beautiful wax,” says postman and wax fan Mac McDermott. “And my girls, they love Frankenstein, too."

Wendell Jamieson tried scaring his 8-year-old with a horror film festival, mostly to no avail after the son refused to be scared by the King Kong that had terrified the father: "
'What?' Dean shot back as Kong rampaged. 'He looks so fake.' " Actually, the most important result was teaching his son an important life lesson:

When you are alone with the bad guy, and he is pouring you a drink, and he asks if anyone knows that you came to meet him, you always answer: “Yes, yes. Everyone knows! I told everyone I know that I was coming! Totally.”
Perhaps the problem is kids are pretty much prepared for everything. If you really want to get them, think about when they are just waking up:



** Kids scare dads by growing up. Turnabout on Halloween and maybe a few other days a year seems only fair. **


No comments: