Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Denuncing de Dad

Thing 1 announced that an earring (on my ear) was absolutely out of the question and would only mark me as an old fool. Thing 2 denounced my car and clothing, nearly pleading with me to change my errant fashion ways. Still, I take some solace from the shame others' daughters have cast on their dads.

Tatum O'Neal has suggested her drunk, abusive father Ryan was a tad over the line (although not unusually so) when he suggested a romantic liaison with her as the post-funeral delight to the burial of his longtime "love" Farrah Fawcett. Also, the unmolested Barbara Berlusconi, daughter of Italian prime minister Sylvio, thinks that his dropping 6,000 euro's on a necklace to hang around the necklace of an 18-year-old model was completely inappropriate and offered no comment but plenty of disapproval in case anything else went on between the silver fox and doe eyed kit.

And those are just the words left hanging in the air. author Laurie Sandell decided she had enough of living with the shadow he cast and outed her dad as an incurable, pathological liar in her new graphic novel, The Impostor's Daughter: A True Memoir.

Of course, rather than be glad the Things aren't making more of all this, maybe I should show them the articles and book and let them know how much better they have it?

No comments: